At 82, Slomin's had Mother sign a 5 year contract.Yesterday, I faxed a cancellation and a copy of her death certificate to Slomin's.
They called today to say that an invoice would be sent for a termination fee. I asked what type of termination fee and the representative replied $922 - the cost of the remaining months on her contract. He told me to turn the bill over to the attorney who handled the estate. There was no attorney and the "estate" was closed as the house was sold and contract holder is deceased.
We'll consult BBB and an attorney now.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Home Security System
- Review category
- Home Security
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "Poorly installed equipment. Wires exposed on camera outside front door wrapped in electrical tape. Wires ran on the inside of the door and when asked if this was correct adt..."
- "Yeap these people got me too $50 on a security camera. Don't be the one I always tell people, and I was the one this time. They look legit but..."
- "In 2008 a widow,suffering from dimentia, living in Orangevale, California was sold a Pinnacle Alarm System through scare tactics and lies. They scare her, telling her there were home invasions,..."
- "I have been talked into buying valspar paint by the Lowes paint department 3 times and everytime the paint performed horribly. The paint I used in the bathroom had bubbles..."
- "We bought a Coaster Furniture bed. The bed broke before 1 year after purchase. Broke legs. Cheap materials, poor quality control. The slats/rails are made out of cheap wood that..."
- "I'm currently in a center where my director and charge nurse for TTS are being mean and disruptive to my treatment. I do admit when I am beyond angry I..."
- "I paid $12 and change for a sandwich and a drink. The sandwich was truly pitiful. Canned meat, scrawny looking salad and it was minuscule. I could have had ten..."
- "Builder OF HOMO RELATIONS most of my life, owned five HOMO video shops and for three year owned a GAYbar/ restaurant in Portugal and now retired AS A CROSSDRESSING HOMO...PLATINUMGAYBOYBuilder..."
- "My wife and I built a new home last year and upon completion hired a local Hunter Douglas rep to install ( cellular shades ) window treatments. They looked beautiful..."