Slomins - Slomin's Charging Deceased Customer
At 82, Slomin's had Mother sign a 5 year contract.Yesterday, I faxed a cancellation and a copy of her death certificate to Slomin's.
They called today to say that an invoice would be sent for a termination fee. I asked what type of termination fee and the representative replied $922 - the cost of the remaining months on her contract. He told me to turn the bill over to the attorney who handled the estate. There was no attorney and the "estate" was closed as the house was sold and contract holder is deceased.
We'll consult BBB and an attorney now.review #474538
You may also like
- "I called to cancel my service May 28 2014. I was told I had to send a letter. I submitted said letter but they continue to remove the funds from..."
- "Service guy came to repair trash compactor and he found one less than 3 inch bone and he has make an issue that because of the compactor got burnt out...."
- "I hate door to door salesmen as much as the next guy. And when this Devcon guy came knocking on the door i showed it. i don't appreciate someone coming..."
- "I recently took delivery of EA American Artisan in a black finish. The product is terrible! Uneven spray patterns, obvious touch ups, the dresser top is coming off..drawers are a..."
- "Today a man was brutally attcked by a gang of men outside a KFC. The man was simply getting a bucket of chicken to take home to his grand kids..."
- "I purchased a package of pork sausage links distributed by your company and sold by Giant Foods under their brand. The packagE said 12 links. It contained only ten. Whether..."
- "ordered an architectural drawing of a tv show set -- on the website it showed it nicely framed - no where on the website did it say it would..."
- " WTF absolutely no customer service training is provided at this location! walked in at 4:50pm all employees just standing around chit chatting. a customer rep remind you this is..."
- "I ordered the other night from dolls kill. My paypal gave the wrong address. I tried to get in contact with their customer service but I didn't get anything just..."