At 82, Slomin's had Mother sign a 5 year contract.Yesterday, I faxed a cancellation and a copy of her death certificate to Slomin's.
They called today to say that an invoice would be sent for a termination fee. I asked what type of termination fee and the representative replied $922 - the cost of the remaining months on her contract. He told me to turn the bill over to the attorney who handled the estate. There was no attorney and the "estate" was closed as the house was sold and contract holder is deceased.
We'll consult BBB and an attorney now.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Home Security System
- Review category
- Home Security
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "So, back late last year my dad had started talking about wanting to get a security system installed. In January my mother came across an ad from ADT for..."
- "Date:27 Jan 2016 (Wed) Dear Sir/Mdm, I am a shopper reside at Sembawang area near Sembawang Mart located at Canberra-Blk 511 Canberra Road.I reside and also a frequent shopper at this mart.To..."
- "I purchased a Kwikset Smart Key lever from the Signature Series to replace a handle that the finish had worn off. Upon disassembling my old lever, I proceeded to..."
- "Before doing any business with Alfred Kayser, you should know that if he talks you into doing his rewiring service which he touts as superior to stock, he will attempt..."
- "Today a man was brutally attcked by a gang of men outside a KFC. The man was simply getting a bucket of chicken to take home to his grand kids..."
- "Your meaningful, cost worthy belongings are not safe. EXTRA SPACE STORAGE claims that they exterminate, but on a regular, routine basis or ONLY when a customer complains. REMEMBER EXTRA SPACE..."
- "First of all let me say that I have saved for a very long time to buy quality furniture. My family has been an Ethan Allen buying family. We have..."
- "Hi i would like to file a huge complaint against lost prevention at this location : 436 86 street.i am really offended and really disgusted with the customer service that..."
- "Buyer beware. I recently purchased an area rug from Rugs USA. I made the mistake of waiting to take the rug out of the packaging until the room for which..."